Tranquil IHG property with the nicest staff I have ever encountered in all my years of traveling
I have stayed at Intercontinental Cascais-Estoril for leisure following a business trip I had in Lisbon prior to the stay in question. During that week I still had to attend some conference calls and
business meeting and therefore required a certain extent of social isolation, within the public areas. This point is important to mention especially for the sake of business travelers, since the staff made sure to overcome the challenges and create a convenient environment for me that would serve my purpose.
Room and Location:
- The hotel is situated close to Tamariz beach and within a walking distance from Cascais center. You could leave the hotel and go out for a very long walk in the area without getting bored of its surrounding.
- The rooms have a great view towards the river and the pool area. There is a small balcony with a table and two chairs as well as a single couch you can lay on while reading a book or working on your laptop. While the balcony door is open the AC shuts off completely. Upon returning the room you have to switch it on again and reset the temperature.
- The room I received was standard yet spacious. The king bed was comfortable and rather big. Within the room there was also a single couch with a side-stool, and a desk to work on.
- Upon my arrival I received 2 large glass water bottles and a plate of sweets.
- Each day, I received 2 complimentary plastic water bottles.
- The cleaning services were efficient; due to my schedule, I needed my room to be cleaned at a specific time-frame and the hotel staff made sure to cooperate.
- The sanitizing kit included 2 sheets of hands sanitize and 2 masks
- There was a bath and a rain shower within the room, which was really great.
Food and Beverages:
- There is no club lounge at the hotel premise
- Breakfast was wonderful; items are pre-ordered from a set menu which includes warm dishes as well as a cheese plate and a fresh fruit plate. There was no buffet selection, which is best practice during covid19. The breakfast staff was super kind, friendly as well as tentative, efficient and quick.
- For dinner I have booked the prepaid half board since I did not want to dine outside the hotel. The restaurant has amazing food which could easily classified as premium quality. The restaurant has a rich menu that includes fresh fish, juicy steaks, vegan dishes such as asparagus risotto, vegetarian dishes which includes a broad salad selection and probably great desserts, which I did not try. The dinner staff is as incredible as the breakfast staff, so naturally both teams share the same beneficial quality aspects.
Concierge and Reception
- Back to the “all about the people” concept; As much as I find it hard having to repeat myself, I simply cannot ignore this incredible carefully picked team members that work at this hotel. The guys and ladies from reception can not be ignored. Each time you leave the hotel area and pass by reception, they would always greet you and ask for your well being and check if there’s anything they can do to assist you further. I specifically found Miss Barbara, Miss Sophia, Miss Trang, Miss Margarida and Mr. Marcelo extremely kind, super service oriented and incredibly tentative. You can see that these guys actually love their jobs and aren’t just there for doing the job.
- Check-in was quick and efficient, and so was the check-out.
- Clean and elegant appearance of the hotel's staff at all times
- The pool is open from early in the AM through 7 or 8PM. It isn’t an Olympic pool and doesn’t have deep water, but it’s good enough to chill next to it.
- During my stay there were a lot of family with kids who jumped in the pool and made a lot of noise. As a solo traveler I tried to avoid that as much as possible so I hardly spent any time in that area.
- When I did find a time slot where the pool area was completely free, I set by the pool and had an amazing watermelon shake followed by one of the best Mojitos I’ve ever had. Pool service was also quick and efficient, obviously.
- The hotel has a small fitness center on premise you could use as long as book the room for yourself. The booking runs by half an hour slots, with half an hour gaps in between visits for sanitary purposes as the gym has to be cleaned and disinfected after every guest visit.
- The spa area was the one that really served me well, as I booked 2 x 90 minutes super relaxing massage sessions that were really amazing. I highly recommend checking out the spa when visiting the hotel. Miss Sandra was the one scheduling the sessions for me and she was just great with following up my frequest changes.
The hotel followed IHG Way of Clean measures which visibly included sanitizing stations, sanitized keycards, masks were used by the employees and the guests at all times and the temperature was checked for every incoming guest.
Overall I would warmly recommend this hotel and not just for families with kids but also for business travelers who wanna go solo; for this is the perfect location to hang after your next business trip to busy Lisbon. [Less]