We had room 240 that has two queen-sized beds, with a north-facing window.
- The room was a good size
- beds were very comfortable with a choice of pillows. The quality of the beds
was really excellent.
- the aircon worked well
- there were a good number of power sockets in the room, so we had no problems charging our phones and tablets
- the hotel wifi is free, reliable, and a good speed, though we did use our own VPNs for our internet access for security
- good water pressure in the shower
- the choice of tv channels was ok and the remote worked well
- there is a small fridge with tiny freezer section in the room, plus a microwave. We found this very useful
- the coffee pods for the room coffee maker were pretty good. The coffee maker also dispenses hot water, which isn’t hot enough to brew tea, but putting the cup of hot water in the microwave for a minute solves this
- free transport to and from ONT airport, although only within the timeframe 9am-9pm. Alberto, one of the drivers, was particularly helpful.
- other hotel staff we interacted with were pleasant
- the location of the hotel is quite noisy. To the north of the hotel there is an empty lot being used as an articulated truck park, and these vehicles have loud engines and beep loudly when reversing, which was often. In two other directions there are very busy roads
- Our room was next to the lifts and the laundry. At certain times of day, generally around 3pm, our room shook like crazy from the washing machines spinning next door. We could only hear the lift when in the bathroom
- In addition to the room fee, there is a refundable deposit to pay per night. I’m still waiting for my deposit back
- the room is only cleaned if you ask. It’s not cleaned by default
- the wardrobe only had five hangers in. Not enough! We had to mostly live out of our suitcases
- this hotel only does breakfasts. No lunch or dinners. We used the uber eats app to get food delivered, and the delivery companies brought it to our room
- breakfasts are buffet style, so eat as much as you like. However, for someone like my partner who has dairy and gluten allergies, there was very very little he could eat. He was limited to the little sausages and the beefburgers, so if they weren’t being served that day, or if there weren’t any left by the time we went for breakfast, his breakfast ended up being black coffee and a banana or apple. Personally, I was fine with the breakfasts, as I have no allergies
- And finally, my personal bugbear - the shower was the type that is fixed to the wall. Only the disabled suites have a shower on a hose. I’m a female of childbearing age, and I NEED a shower on a hose to get clean. Apologies if this is TMI.
We would stay here again for a short period of time, like a couple of days, but would look elsewhere if a longer stay was required. We were in the area on business, and this hotel was adequate for this purpose.
I have stayed in other IHG hotels before, and this Holiday Inn Express was definitely on the low-end. [Less]