InterContinental Ambassador one category room upgrade and Royal Ambassador two category room upgrade exclude Presidential and Specialty Suites. The upgrade exclusion is applied only towards the Ambassador Guaranteed benefit and does not limit the IHG® Rewards Club Elite benefits. Royal Ambassadors purchasing a suite category will receive a one category suite upgrade excluding Presidential and Specialty Suites.
1. As an IHG® Rewards Club member, you may also purchase InterContinental Ambassador membership. Purchase of InterContinental Ambassador membership entitles you to elevated levels of recognition and all published benefits of the InterContinental Ambassador program valid only at InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts properties worldwide.
2. If you are not already an IHG Rewards Club member, you may purchase InterContinental Ambassador membership and upon purchase will be automatically enrolled in IHG Rewards Club as well. Upon purchase of InterContinental Ambassador, IHG Rewards Club members who are Club, Gold Elite or Platinum Elite will maintain or be upgraded to Platinum Ambassador membership upon enrollment, unless membership is provided on a complimentary basis or as part of a third-party partnership. InterContinental Ambassador members can earn Spire Ambassador or be invited to be a Royal Ambassador. Platinum Ambassador members will receive Platinum Elite benefits with IHG Rewards Club, while Spire Ambassador and Royal Ambassador members will receive Spire Elite benefits with IHG Rewards Club when staying at the following Hotels & Resorts within the IHG® family of brands: Regent® Hotels and Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, HUALUXE®, Crowne Plaza®, voco™, Hotel Indigo®, EVEN® Hotels, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Holiday Inn Club Vacations®, avid™, Staybridge Suites® and Candlewood Suites®.
3. On purchasing InterContinental Ambassador membership, you agree and are subject to the IHG® Rewards Club membership Terms and Conditions, which can be found here, as well to as these terms and conditions. InterContinental Ambassador membership is non-refundable.
4. InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador membership and benefits may not be transferred, bartered or sold. InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador benefits apply only to the member’s personal room, and the member must stay for the entire duration of the booking in order to receive any member benefits.
5. IHG Rewards Club members with InterContinental Ambassador membership will be invited to renew 60 days prior to the expiration of their current and valid InterContinental Ambassador membership. In order to continue receiving InterContinental Ambassador benefits, members must pay an InterContinental Ambassador renewal fee of USD200 or 40,000 IHG Rewards Club points prior to membership expiration via a designated IHG direct channel, including ihg.com, IHG’s central reservations office and IHG Rewards Club WeChat.
6. IHG Rewards Club and InterContinental Ambassador membership benefits are provided where available and at the sole discretion of IHG and/or the applicable IHG hotel and shall be considered void where prohibited by law.
7. Six Continents Hotels, Inc. (SCH) and its subsidiaries and affiliates, which are InterContinental Hotels Group companies (collectively IHG), reserve the right to amend, restrict, suspend or cancel the InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador programs and/or benefits. SCH may at its sole discretion terminate the IHG Rewards Club membership of any member who acts in a manner inconsistent with applicable laws, rules, regulations, the IHG Rewards Club Terms and Conditions or these terms and conditions. Termination of a member’s IHG Rewards Club membership includes termination of the member’s InterContinental Ambassador or Royal Ambassador membership.
8. An InterContinental Ambassador Membership Extension may be awarded to select Ambassadors who meet the criteria below.
a. To be eligible for a two (2) month extension, individuals must have an active Ambassador membership and must not have redeemed a two-month extension in the past. Ambassador members whose membership has expired are not eligible for this extension. Eligible Ambassador members may request this benefit once per lifetime. If a member elects to use this offer, their Ambassador membership will extend for an additional two months beyond when it would have otherwise expired. This is a one-time offer per member and once the extension is applied to their account, this action is considered final and is not reversible.
b. To be eligible for a six (6) month extension, individuals must have an active Ambassador membership that is in its second or greater consecutive membership year, and must not have redeemed a six-month extension in the past. Ambassador members whose membership has expired are not eligible for this extension. Eligible Ambassador members may request this benefit once per lifetime. If a member elects to use this offer, their Ambassador membership will extend for an additional six months beyond when it would have otherwise expired. This is a one-time offer per member and once the extension is applied to their account, this action is considered final and is not reversible.
c. Membership Extensions are granted at the discretion of IHG and may be denied, ended, or amended with or without notice or compensation, at IHG’s sole discretion.
d. Extensions for Royal Ambassadors are not available.
9. Any stay by the same member that begins within 24 hours of the last night of a prior stay at the same hotel will be considered part of the same stay and will not qualify for any member benefits.
10. Benefits Guarantee: If a hotel is unable to fulfil the guaranteed benefits of a room category upgrade, 4 p.m. late check-out, or Club InterContinental lounge access/alternate experience for Royal Ambassadors where provided, unless otherwise stated as an exception, the member will receive compensation for the undelivered benefit(s).
a. This Benefits Guarantee is not applicable for reservations made via a third-party website or tour operator/wholesaler or as part of a group block/reservation.
b. This Benefits Guarantee cannot be requested and given in lieu of program benefits that are available.
c. All Restaurant, Bar or Spa credits are only valid during the stay in which the standard, guaranteed benefit is not provided and cannot be carried over to a future stay or alternative hotel and cannot be transferred, bartered or sold. Any such credit has no cash redemption value, and the unused portion of such a credit cannot be exchanged for cash and is forfeited. Any such credit may be limited to select restaurants, bars or spa venues, at the sole discretion of the issuing hotel. Where provided, the credit amount will be deducted from the member's guest room folio on check-out and settlement of additional charges above the credit amount is the responsibility of the member. The credit is limited to the member’s guest room and is inclusive of any taxes, service charges or gratuities up to and including the credit amount.
Compensation if Guaranteed Benefit not available
Either a Restaurant & Bar or Spa credit of USD50, or 10,000 IHG® Rewards Club points (provided only once per stay).
4 p.m. late check-out
Either a Restaurant & Bar or Spa credit of USD50, or 10,000 IHG® Rewards Club points (provided only once per stay).
Club InterContinental lounge access or alternate Club experience (Royal Ambassador only)
A Restaurant & Bar or Spa credit of up to USD100 per night, not to exceed the Club InterContinental upgrade supplement value.
11. Program membership term: InterContinental Ambassador membership is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
12. Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® President’s Circle®: This is an IHG Rewards Club opt-in member benefit that is offered to Royal Ambassador members. This benefit will be available in 2019 at a date to be confirmed. Until then, eligible members can continue to opt in to receive Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® Five Star® status. Hertz operates its program independently of SCH and may discontinue or amend it at any time. Should a member wish to participate in this benefit, they must register via their IHG Rewards Club member account and must be a Gold Plus Rewards® member. Click here for Gold Plus Reward® FAQs and here for Membership Benefits.
13. InterContinental Ambassador member benefits include:
a. Guaranteed one category room upgrade, based on room type purchased, will be assigned. Click here for more information
b. Guaranteed Late check-out time of 4 p.m. on day of departure
c. Complimentary mineral water daily
d. Complimentary Weekend Night. Click here for more information
e. Complimentary premium Internet access will be provided in guest room only at select hotels where available for purchase
f. Single-room rate for double occupancy
g. Guaranteed room availability for member’s room with 72-hour advance reservation
h. A restaurants and bars credit of up to USD20, per stay, valid in select hotel restaurants, bars and minibar (excluding in-room dining). Currency & credit vary by country and are subject to change:
i. United States of America: USD20, Euro currency member states: EUR15, United Kingdom: GBP15, Thailand: THB600, Australia: AUD25, Japan: JPY2000, Saudi Arabia: SAR70, Malaysia: MYR50, Indonesia: IDR180,000, Vietnam: VND280,000 (excluding Danang which is VND460,000), Hong Kong: HKD135.
ii. All other countries: a credit of USD20 will be converted to local currency at local hotel exchange rate of the day, except Mainland China.
iii. In Mainland China RMB120 is applicable to Spire Ambassador members only. A 15% discount on restaurants and bars per stay valid in hotel restaurants, bars, including in-room dining but excluding minibar, is applicable for all Ambassador and Royal Ambassador members.
iv. The credit amount will be deducted from the member’s guest room folio on check-out and settlement of additional charges above the credit amount is the responsibility of the member
v. Credit is limited to the member’s guest room and is inclusive of any taxes, service charges or gratuities up to and including the credit amount
i. Complimentary breakfast: One complimentary full breakfast per day for the member, valid only in the main restaurant. Not applicable to in-room dining. Valid in Mainland China only
14. Royal Ambassador is granted by invitation only at the sole discretion of IHG Rewards Club. IHG Rewards Club reserves the right to limit the number of Royal Ambassador members at any time.
15. Royal Ambassador member benefits include:
a. Guaranteed two category room upgrade, based on room type purchased, will be assigned. Click here for more information.
b. Complimentary Club InterContinental lounge access
i. Applicable only where the hotel has a dedicated Club InterContinental lounge
ii. Valid for two people including the member, staying in the member's room only
iii. Where the hotel does not operate a dedicated Club InterContinental lounge, Royal Ambassador members will be given two complimentary full breakfasts in the main restaurant per day for the member and one registered guest staying in the member’s room
iv. The Club InterContinental lounge access Benefits Guarantee is not applicable at hotels that do not operate a dedicated Club InterContinental lounge. More information on the Benefits Guarentee can be found here.
c. Free Night at an IHG® Hotel
i. The Royal Ambassador member will receive one Free Night credited directly to the member’s account, within six weeks of the member achieving Royal Ambassador status. The Free Night credit is redeemable as a ‘Royal Ambassador Free Night’, is room only, and is subject to IHG Rewards Club reward night availability at an IHG hotel (excluding IHG®Army Hotels and InterContinental®Alliance Resorts) where the point amount required for a single redemption night is 70,000 IHG Rewards Club points or less. Free Night has no cash value and may not be transferred, bartered, or sold. The member must be a registered guest for all Free Night redemption stays.
d. Guaranteed Early check-in of 10 a.m. on day of arrival
e. Guaranteed Late check-out of 4 p.m. on day of departure
f. Complimentary Weekend Night on the second night of a paid stay. Click here for more information
g. Minibar credit
i. Minibar credit of USD50 per night, cumulative up to a maximum of USD200 per stay, in all countries unless otherwise stated below.
ii. Minibar credit can be used toward minibar food and beverage only.
iii. In Mainland China (excluding Macau, Hong Kong and Taiwan): Maximum RMB200 credit for the minibar per night, cumulative up to a maximum of RMB800 per stay.
iv. Minibar consumption greater than the credit amount will be charged to the member's guest folio and settlement of additional charges is the responsibility of the member.
v. The minibar credit is limited to the member’s guest room and is inclusive of any taxes, service charges or gratuities, up to and including the credit amount.
h. In-room welcome amenity: choice of fruit or sweet or savory snack on day of arrival when selected in stay preferences prior to arrival. (Solely fruit provided at InterContinental Alliance Resorts)
i. Complimentary mineral water daily
j. Complimentary premium Internet access will be provided in guest room only at select hotels where available for purchase
k. Waived Amenity or Destination fees, where they would otherwise be charged
i. This excludes any Government, State or City mandatory imposed fees/taxes
l. Single-room rate for double occupancy
m. Guaranteed room availability for member’s room with 24-hour advance reservation.
i. Reservations must be made before 12:00 noon (local hotel time) 24 hours prior to intended arrival. The room upgrade benefit will be subject to availability. These bookings may not be accepted by the hotel in exceptional circumstances, such as the hotel being reserved for Government use or in the case of world sporting events
16. The InterContinental Ambassador guaranteed one room category upgrade excludes the Club InterContinental Experience/Club InterContinental lounge access. Should a member’s original room purchase be one category lower than an advertised Club InterContinental room/suite category, the member will be assigned the one category upgrade without the Club InterContinental Experience/Club InterContinental lounge access.
17. InterContinental Ambassador one category room upgrade and Royal Ambassador two category room upgrade exclude Presidential and Specialty Suites. The upgrade exclusion is applied only towards the Ambassador Guaranteed benefit and does not limit the IHG® Rewards Club Elite benefits. Royal Ambassadors purchasing a suite category will receive a one category suite upgrade excluding Presidential and Specialty Suites. Specialty Suite exceptions can be reviewed here.
18. At the sole discretion of the hotel, the hotel may provide room upgrades greater than one category. No compensation shall be provided where the hotel upgrade is beyond the defined category upgrade or to a category of various room configurations
19. Upgrades are only valid to published room categories on ihg.com, which vary by hotel and may include a room on a higher floor, a room that is larger in size, or a room with an alternative view.
20. All guaranteed upgrades shall be confirmed at the time of arrival at the hotel and are based on the room type selected at the time of booking.
21. The room upgrade benefit only applies to the room the member occupies, regardless of whether the member booked additional rooms in advance or upon check-in.
22. In circumstances where the room upgrade is not available at 10 a.m., a Royal Ambassador member may be checked into another available room until an upgraded room becomes available.
23. The complimentary weekend night may be redeemed up to 12 months from the date on which the credit is issued and is redeemable only in conjunction with a minimum two-night paid weekend stay when booking the Ambassador Weekend rate "AMB Certificate" at any InterContinental Hotels & Resorts property (not valid at any other IHG® brands of hotels).
24. The complimentary weekend night may only be redeemed via intercontinental.com/ambweekend or by contacting the Ambassador Service Center at Tel: US & Canada - 1 888 211 7996. UK - +44 (0)20 33 499 034; Mainland China - 800 830 1128 (86 21 2033 4848 for outside Mainland China; call charges apply); Rest of World - +44 870 400 9099. (Calls cost 13p per minute plus your phone company's access charge). It is not valid and cannot be used on any other rates. Advance reservations required and when joining the Ambassador program in hotel, the weekend night cannot be redeemed for the current stay. Rooms on the rate "Ambassador Complimentary Weekend Night" are subject to limited availability. Only one complimentary weekend night may be used per stay.
25. Identification and member number must be presented upon check-in.
26. Reservations must be canceled in accordance with each hotel's cancellation policy in order to avoid a cancellation fee.
27. "Weekend" is defined to include Friday, Saturday and Sunday, except in the Middle East where hotels may define the weekend as Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
28. It is to be used only by the member who has a valid InterContinental Ambassador membership and may not be transferred, bartered or sold.
29. Valid for room and tax only.
30. IHG Rewards Club Reward Nights may not be used in conjunction with the complimentary weekend night, and it cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or free night offer.
31. All member benefits apply when using the complimentary weekend night
32. Airline crew, delayed passenger, negotiated long stay, airline/travel/hotel industry, and employee rates are not eligible for InterContinental Ambassador or Royal Ambassador benefits. This does not limit or reduce the benefits of IHG® Rewards Club.
33. Guaranteed room upgrades and 4 pm late check-out for InterContinental Ambassador members and Royal Ambassador members and 10 am early check-in for Royal Ambassador members are subject to availability, and excluded from the Benefits Guarantee, over the following special events period:
a. New Year’s Eve, December 31 – Location: Global
b. Chinese New Year, beginning on the 1st day of the lunar year for a 10-day period – Location: Greater China
c. Ramadan, beginning on the 1st day of Ramadan for a 30-day period – Location: Makkah, Saudi Arabia
d. 2020 Summer Olympics from July 22 through August 9, 2020 – Location: Tokyo, Japan
e. Hajj, from the 20th of Dhu al-Qidah to the 20th of Dhu al-Hijjah (total of 30 days) -- Location: Makkah, Saudi Arabia
34. InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador benefits do not apply at InterContinental Residences.
35. At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts in French Polynesia (InterContinental Le Moana Bora Bora, InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa, InterContinental Resort & Spa Moorea, and InterContinental Resort Tahiti), upgrades to the next room categories and a 4 p.m. late check-out are not guaranteed for any member that books through a third-party website or Tour Operator.
36. The following benefits exceptions are applicable when staying at InterContinental Alliance Resorts:
a. Complimentary water will be provided on the day of arrival and will not be replenished daily.
b. Royal Ambassador: Minibar credit will be capped at USD50 per day and USD100 per stay.
c. InterContinental Ambassador one category and Royal Ambassador two category room upgrades shall be subject to availability.
37. The following benefits are not applicable when staying at InterContinental Alliance Resorts:
a. Complimentary weekend night
b. InterContinental Ambassador Restaurant and Bar credit up to USD20 for Ambassador Gold and Platinum members when staying at InterContinental Alliance Resorts, Macao
c. Royal Ambassador Free Night
d. Royal Ambassador Club InterContinental lounge access/alternate experience access
e. Royal Ambassador breakfast for two when staying at The Venetian Resort and Palazzo at The Venetian, Las Vegas
38. The benefits Guarantee is not applicable at InterContinental Alliance Resorts